Private and Semi-Private lessons open to children and adults: piano (classical and jazz), guitar (acoustic and electric), drums, voice (opera, musicals, and pop), violin, viola, cello, bass, flute, saxophone, composition, theory, and Music Therapy for children with autism.
Group lessons: Beginner’s keyboard, Rock Band, Broadway Musical Theatre and Music Therapy for children with autism.
Honor Roll, Master Classes, Competitions, and Evaluations are offered to students at various levels.
Recitals are held a minimum of two times per year at the end of each semester for all level students, beginner through advanced. They are not mandatory but recommended if the child is ready. Some instrumentalists and all vocalists will require an accompanist, unless otherwise noted by the teacher. Rehearsals and accompaniment fees will vary, depending on the student level and selection. Students placed in specific programs will participate in additional performance opportunities.
MCofM is open most of the year except for the holidays listed below and does NOT CLOSE on Teachers’ Planning Days.
There will be no charge for lessons that fall on the holidays mentioned below and the days MCofM closes during the winter, spring, or summer. The current holidays observed are:
- Labor Day (Monday, September 3)
- Veterans’s Day (Monday, November 12)
- Thanksgiving (Wednesday, November 21 through Sunday 25)
- Winter Break (Monday, December 24 through Sunday January 6).
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Monday, January 21)
- All Presidents’ Day (Monday, February 18)
- Spring Break (Monday, March 25 through Sunday, March 31)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 27)
- Summer Holiday (Saturday, June 29 through Sunday, July 14)
If you observe holidays not listed above, be sure to make arrangements as far in advance as possible.
- One prepared binder containing assignment sheets and staff paper among other information is given for free to each student. However, replacement binder will be charged at $5.00 each.
- MCofM does not sell any books or materials. We can gladly provide you a list of vendors in the area, as well as online stores.
INTERVIEW / FIRST LESSON
- Please set up an appointment with a teacher for the desired instrument. If multiple teachers are available, we will offer recommendations based on availability and schedule compatibility. All teachers are well qualified, with degrees in their field of music or significant professional experience.
- The duration of the interview/first lesson is 15 to 20 minutes.
- The fee is $10 and waived if the student registers at MCofM.
- Open registration all year round for Private and Semi-Private lessons. Group lessons have specific start dates depending on the session.
- MCofM application to fill out and sign (includes personal information, policies acknowledgement and photo release, financial options and information).
- Annual registration fees are non – refundable and due at time of registration. Full registration $30 per student ($60 for families of 2 or more) from August-May. Half registration fee $15 per student ($30 for families of 2 or more) from January-May.
- Pre-payment for lessons is expected at time of registration in order to start lessons and secure the agreed schedule.
- MCofM has an open admission policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnic origin, or sex in all of its programs and employment.
- All students must be 5-year-old at the time of the interview. Proof of age (birth certificate/passport) required for all 5-year-old children.
- Fall schedule reservations for returning students will be made upon receipt of $30 non-refundable deposit towards your first Fall invoice.
The MCofM uses Teachworks (online system) for scheduling, communication, billing and records. Once your application is processed you will be invited to create an account and have easy access to your personal information, schedules, lessons notes, invoices, payments and records. While it is not mandatory, it is useful and highly recommended.
After creating your account you will be able to access it as follows:
Direct link | https://mcofm.teachworks.com/accounts/login
At our home page (top right hand side) | https://miamiconservatoryofmusic.com/
- Private lessons are scheduled at the student’s convenience, upon availability.
- The MCofM manages all the teachers’ schedule. All scheduling arrangements are done ONLY by our front desk staff.
- The agreed time(s) are reserved for the entire academic year (August – May). Students are expected to come on weekly basis (monthly payment commitment for the entire period is required).
- Schedule changes during the year are possible upon availability. All changes must be worked out in advance prior to your next lesson.
- While you may expect the same teacher every week, we do not grant teacher’s exclusivity. As all teachers are professional musicians, a substitute will usually be provided when a teacher is absent .
- Lessons will be suspended after 1 week of non-payment and dropped from the schedule by the 2nd week of non-payment.
- In order to keep the same schedule from one academic year to the other, a deposit of $30 before or during the summer which can be applied towards the first Fall invoice.
TUITION and FEES
Private lessons rates (per class): 30 min – $35 | 45 min – $48 | 60 min – $63
- Private and Semi-Private lessons: tuition is calculated on a monthly basis and PRE-PAID in full every month.
- Monthly amounts vary depending on the number of lessons in any given month.
- MCofM observed holidays are not included in the invoice.
- Two weeks (written) notice before next billing cycle is required to terminate lessons. Email your notification at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No refunds. No credits from month to month. No class omissions.
- Group sessions and camps are paid in full before the first day. No refunds.
- All payments are in advance.
- Except for accounts enrolled in automatic payments, a deposit of $100 is required at the time of registration.
- We accept cash, checks (payable to Miami Conservatory of Music) and credit card (in person, online or over the phone).
- Returned checks fee: $15.
- All payments for the next month are due the last week and before the 1st of the month (refer to the due date on the invoice).
- Automatic payments are processed on the 25th of the month for the following month (except in the months of December and March when payments will be processed the 3rd week before Winter and Spring breaks).
- Payments received after the 1st of the month will be considered late and will incur a $30 late payment fee.
- Outstanding account balances will be transferred to a Credit Bureau.
- All communication and notifications will be kept exclusively with the conservatory by phone (305-442-2283) or email at email@example.com.
- Email reminders are sent for every class to the email associated with your account.
- Personal information provided in the application is solely used for the purpose of communication and advertisement of our own programs and classes.
(Apply only to private lessons)
- 5% discount for multiple enrollments (family of 2 or more members) for monthly payments.
- $25.00 referral discount per family (applied after the recommended family enrolled and paid for the second consecutive month).
- NO CANCELLATIONS ARE PERMITTED. Only changes to the schedule are allowed within the calendar month.
- 24 hour notification is required to reschedule a lesson you cannot attend (by 5:00pm on Friday for Saturday lessons and by 5:00pm on Saturday for Monday lessons). Written notice required. That lesson must be rescheduled within the calendar month or it will be lost.
- If the teacher is not available, a substitute will be provided.
- No omissions on monthly billing. No credits from month to month. No credits from one academic year to the other. No refunds.
- Same day notifications or cancellations will be charged in full, as well as missed lessons and no shows.
- If you observe holidays not listed above, be sure to make arrangements as far in advance as possible. Please note that MCofM stays OPEN during TEACHER PLANNING DAYS.
- Two weeks (written) notice before next billing cycle is required to terminate lessons. Email your notification at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three repeated unexcused absences result in student being taken off the schedule and lessons being charged. The student will have to reschedule and re-enroll into the program. In this case, time and day cannot be guaranteed.
- SEVERE WEATHER: Rainy days are common in South Florida. A same day change request due to heavy rain will not be granted.
- TROPICAL STORMS/HURRICANES: The conservatory follows Miami Dade Public School actions. If MCofM must close due to inclement weather, mandated by Miami Dade County, no refunds or credits will be granted. Instead, make ups could be offered depending on the severety of the situation.
- If you cannot attend a lesson, please notify the office at least 24 hour in advance to make a change to your schedule (by 5:00pm on Friday for Saturday lessons and by 5:00pm on Saturday for Monday lessons).
- Lesson changes will be allowed ONLY within the calendar month with your instructor or a substitute.
- Many instructors may not have any openings as their schedules are completely full, so lesson changes are not guaranteed.
- Only in extreme cases of emergency, and when proper documentation is submitted, a make-up class could be offered.
- No credits or refunds will be offered for lesson changes not taken within the calendar month.
- It is the responsibility of the student or parent to follow up and keep up with the schedule changes.
- If a student is running late to class please notify the office ASAP. Full lesson time will not be guaranteed.
- If a student is running late to class and no notification is received, faculty will wait just 10 minutes for a student.
- Faculty tardiness will be worked out in a case by case basis.
OTHER PAYMENTS OPTIONS
Flexible Schedule | Pay as you go | Private lessons (per student) 30 min – $37 | 45 min – $50 | 60 min – $65
Students of all ages (children and adults) who want to receive classes in a short term either to learn or improve leisurely, explore an instrument or prepare for auditions should consider this option. It offers scheduling and payment flexibility as well as no long term commitment or recurrent reservations or payments. Just choose a number of lessons, pre-pay them and schedule them one by one or all at once.
- All lessons are pre-paid.
- No permanent schedule reserved.
- Schedule 48 hours in advance or more for one class or all of them.
- 24 hours notification policy to reschedule a class (please read above)
- Unused lessons expire after 6 months of purchase. No refunds.
Prices for private lessons (per student) 30 min – $37 | 45 min – $50 | 60 min – $65
A gift certificate can be used to introduce a new student to music or to allow an already initiated one to continue music training with our music teachers at the conservatory. Whether there are introductory lessons or not, it is important to place the student with the right teacher, within a time frame to ensure true results. This is the reason why our gift certificates and packages expire 6 months from the date of issuance, sometimes more, depending on the time of purchase in the Fall or Spring semester (please refer to the expiration date mentioned on the certificate). Gift certificates are available year-round in numbers of 1 – 3 lessons. They are ready for pick up at the MCofM during working hours within 30 minutes of purchase. Please read carefully.
• All gift certificates expire after 6 months of purchase. Please refer to the expiration date printed on your certificate.
• All students using gift certificates will initially be considered as Flexible Schedule Students (please read above), unless otherwise requested.
By sessions | Prices vary depending on length of session and class (visit our website for more info)
- Group sessions are paid in full before the first class.
- No refunds. No Credits. No make-ups.
All prices are subject to change. We reserve the right to amend our policies at any time. Updated 6.26.18.