Miami Conservatory of Music (MCofM) is a not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) community music organization which accepts mostly after school hours beginner through pre-professional music students. We welcome children from age 5 and adults, from beginners to advanced, of all levels and visions. Today, we cater close to 600 students and maintain a faculty of about 30 teachers. We are located at the Mayfair Center in the beautiful area of downtown Coconut Grove.
Position: Scheduling and Office Assistant / Front Desk
Start Date: April 2, 2018 (start of the mandatory one-week training)
April 9, 2018 (start of the Part-Time position)
Days & Hours: These hours may be subject to vary except for Saturdays that are mandatory.
Total: 29 hours/week when 5 business days.
- Mondays: 1-7PM
- Tuesdays: 2-7PM
- Wednesdays: 2-7PM
- Thursdays: OFF
- Fridays: 2-7PM
- Saturdays: 9AM-3PM
Type: 1099 Independent Contractor to start.
This position is a temporary to full time opportunity.
Pay: One-week training: $10/hour (April 2, 3, 4, 6 & 7)
From April 9: $12/hour
Description: This is a temporary opportunity with potential to go full-time for the right and committed candidate. We are looking for a motivated, excited, and dependable Scheduling and Office Assistant / Front Desk. That person must have strong communication skills, written and verbal in English and Spanish; the ability to provide courteous, efficient customer service via phone and email; the ability to multitask; must demonstrate ability to work with a team as well as following through on individual tasks; have high energy, be detail oriented and accurate with entering information. Basic knowledge of music is highly recommended. Proficiency with Microsoft office highly desired, and with QuickBooks preferred. Intermediate general office skills such as copying, scanning, faxing, and filing required. Positive attitude a must!
The Scheduling and Office Assistant / Front Desk will be asked to:
- Maintain and handle scheduling of the students and teachers, rearrange lessons & schedules as necessary, report daily attendance, maintain music studio schedules.
- Provide information about the conservatory and its programs in person, on the phone or via email to prospective students and follow up on all inquiries.
- Manage and enforce registration process and apply policies.
- Register the students (paperwork, binders, payments).
- Maintain copies of application packages and prepare binders for new students.
- Manage the database lists (Student Roster, Constant Contact, Teachworks, MailChimp)
- Maintain daily communication with the Program Director.