Private and semi-private lessons open to children and adults: piano (classical and jazz), guitar (acoustic and electric), drums, voice (opera, musicals, and pop), violin, viola, cello, bass, flute, clarinet, saxophone, composition, theory, and Music Therapy for autistic children.
Group lessons: Beginner’s keyboard, Youth Strings Ensembles, Rock Band, Intro to Acting, Broadway Musical Theater, Foundation of Music, and Music Therapy for autistic children.
Honor Roll, Master Classes, Competitions, and Evaluations are offered to students at various levels.
Recitals are held a minimum of two times per year at the end of each semester for all level students, beginner through advanced. Some instrumentalists and all vocalists will require an accompanist, unless otherwise noted by the teacher. Rehearsals and accompaniment fees will vary, depending on the student level and selection. Students placed in specific programs will participate in additional performance opportunities.
MCofM is open most of the year except for the holidays listed below and does NOT CLOSE on Teachers’ Planning Days.
There will be no charge for lessons that fall on the holidays mentioned below and the days MCofM closes during the winter, spring, or summer. The current holidays observed are:
- Labor Day (Monday, September 4)
- Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 23 through Sunday 26)
- Winter Break (Saturday, December 23 through Sunday January 7).
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Monday, January 15)
- All Presidents’ Day (Monday, February 19)
- Spring Break (Monday, March 26 through Sunday, April 1)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 28)
- Summer Holiday (Saturday, June 30 through Sunday, July 15)
If you observe holidays not listed above, be sure to make arrangements as far in advance as possible.
- One prepared binder containing assignment sheets and staff paper among other information is given for free to each student. However, replacement binder will be charged at $5.00 each.
- MCofM does not sell any books or materials. We can gladly provide you a list of vendors in the area, as well as online stores.
INTERVIEW / FIRST LESSON
- Please set up an appointment with a teacher for the desired instrument. If multiple teachers are available, we will offer recommendations based on availability and schedule compatibility. All teachers are well qualified, with degrees in their field of music or significant professional experience.
- The duration of the interview/first lesson is 15 to 20 minutes.
- The fee is $10 and waived if the student registers at MCofM.
- Open registration all year round.
- MCofM application to fill out and sign (includes personal information, policies acknowledgement and photo release, financial options and information).
- Non – refundable annual registration fee of $30 per student ($60 for families of 2 or more).
- Pre-payment for lessons is expected at time of registration in order to start lessons and secure the agreed schedule.
- MCofM has an open admission policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnic origin, or sex in all of its programs and employment.
The MCofM uses an online system for scheduling, communication, billing and records. Once your application is processed a series of email will go out, inviting you to create an account and have easy access to your personal information, schedule, invoices, payment and records. While it is not mandatory, it is useful and highly recommended.
After creating your account you will be able to access it at: https://mcofm.teachworks.com/accounts/login
- Private lessons are scheduled at the student’s convenience.
- The agreed time(s) are reserved for the entire academic year (August – June), students are expected to come on weekly basis. (Monthly payment commitment for the entire period is required).
- Schedule changes during the year are possible upon availability; but they must be worked out in advance.
- While you may expect the same teacher every week, we do not grant teacher’s exclusivity. As all teachers are professional musicians, a substitute will usually be provided when a teacher is absent .
- Lessons will be suspended after 2 weeks of non-payment and dropped from the schedule by the 3rd week of non-payment.
TUITION and FEES
Private lessons rates (per class): 30 min – $35 | 45 min – $48 | 60 min – $63
- Private and Semi-Private lessons: tuition is calculated on a monthly basis and PRE-PAID in full every month.
- Monthly amounts vary depending on the number of lessons in any given month.
- Two weeks-paid-notice is required to terminate lessons.
- No refunds. No credits from month to month.
- Group sessions and camps are paid in full before the first day. No refunds.
- All payments are in advance.
- Except for accounts enrolled in automatic payments, a deposit of $100 is required at the time of registration.
- We accept cash, checks (payable to Miami Conservatory of Music) and credit card (in person, online or over the phone).
- Returned checks fee: $15
- All payments are due the last week of the month on the day of the lesson for the upcoming month.
- Automatic payments are processed the last week of the month for the following month.
- Payments received after the 7th of the month will be considered late and will incur a $30 late payment fee.
- Outstanding account balances will be transferred to a Credit Bureau.
- All communication and notifications will be kept exclusively with the conservatory at the information provided.
- Email reminders are sent for every class to the email associated with your account.
- Personal information provided in the application is solely used for the purpose of communication and advertisement of our own programs and classes.
(Apply only to private lessons)
- 5% discount for multiple enrollments (family of 2 or more members) for monthly payments.
- $25.00 referral discount per family (applied after the student enrolled and paid for the second consecutive month).
- 24 hour cancellation notice required to receive a make-up lesson. Written notice preferred.
- No credits from month to month. No credits from one academic year to the other. No refunds.
- Same day cancellations will be charged in full, as well as missed lessons and no shows.
- If the teacher has to cancel the lesson, a substitute teacher will be provided.
- If you observe holidays not listed above, be sure to make arrangements as far in advance as possible. Please note that MCofM stays OPEN during TEACHER PLANNING DAYS.
- Two weeks written notice is required to terminate lessons.
- Three repeated unexcused absences result in student being taken off the schedule and lessons being charged. The student will have to reschedule and re-enroll into the program. In this case time and day cannot be guaranteed.
- SEVERE WEATHER: Rainy days are common in South Florida. A cancellation due to heavy rain will not be made up.
- TROPICAL STORMS/HURRICANES: The conservatory follows Miami Dade Public School actions. If MCofM must close due to inclement weather, mandated by Miami Dade County, no refunds or credits will be granted. Instead, make ups will be offered and the 3 months make-up period extended until the end of the academic year (mid June)
- A make-up is a pending lesson to be taken in replacement of a lesson cancelled 24 hours or more in advance.
- All make-ups must be taken within 3 months of the original cancellation and /or before the second week of June.
- No credits or refunds will be offered for make-ups not taken within the 3-month period or the end of the term.
- 24 hour notice is required to reschedule a make-up but still must be taken within 3 months of the original cancelled lesson. Written notification preferred.
- Make ups are scheduled at your convenience. Even though MCofM will do its best to accommodate make ups with your own teachers, it will not always be possible. At that point we recommend to take the class with anyone available on your own schedule.
- It is the student’s responsibility to follow up with make-up classes and keep track of their expiration.
- No make-ups will be transferred from one academic year to the other.
- If a student is running late to class please notify the office ASAP. Full lesson time cannot be guaranteed.
- If a student is running late to class and no notification is received, faculty will wait just 10 minutes for a student.
- Faculty tardiness will be made up at a mutually convenient time.
OTHER PAYMENTS OPTIONS
Flexible Schedule | Pay as you go | Private lessons (per student) 30 min – $37 | 45 min – $50 | 60 min – $65
Students of all ages (children and adults) who want to receive classes in a short term either to learn or improve leisurely, explore an instrument or prepare for auditions should consider this option. It offers scheduling and payment flexibility as well as no long term commitment or recurrent reservations or payments. Just choose a number of lesson, pre-pay them and schedule them one by one or all at once.
- All lessons are pre-paid.
- No permanent schedule reserved.
- Schedule 48 hours in advance or more for one class or all of them.
- 24 hours cancellation policy and make up policy applies (please read above)
- Unused lessons expire after 6 months of purchase. No refunds.
By sessions | Prices vary depending on length of session and class (visit our website for more info)
- Group sessions are paid in full before the first class.
- No refunds. No Credits. No make-ups.
All prices are subject to change. We reserve the right to amend our policies at any time. Updated 6.30.17