The Miami Conservatory of Music (MCofM) Honor Roll Program was created to provide its students motivation and encouragement by offering them opportunities to advance and exploit their musical talents. It will involve them in beneficial activities and classes that will give them a more complete musical education. The selected instruments are piano, guitar, strings, and voice.
Among these activities are the participation in accredited evaluations and competitions like the Florida Federation of Music Clubs, the Miami Music Teacher Association, the Miami-Dade County Youth Fair and the Miami Conservatory of Music Competitions. Other activities include performance opportunities in special recitals here at the conservatory as well as in other locations around the Miami-Dade County area. In addition, your child will be incited to attend concerts, workshops or forums and/or perform at Master Classes from world-renowned musicians.
Every year, teachers will nominate students of any age and level meeting the eligibility criteria from their studio no later than May 30th, or after an impressive interview if the student is just joining the conservatory. Current MCofM students must have taken a minimum of one weekly private lesson at the conservatory for at least one year. There is a one-time application fee of $60. Examinations will take place during the summer and the Honors Recital in September.
Students must receive a passing grade to be accepted into the Honors Program. They are required to perform a number of memorized pieces according to their level they learned during the year before a panel of judges. Scales and cadences related to the pieces performed are also required (with the exception of the Pre-primary level).
The benefits of participation are:
• Honor Roll Diploma
• Name and Picture displayed on the Honor Roll Wall for the entire year
• Recognition at every recital
• Recognition on the website
• Invitation to participate in the Fall and Spring Honors Recitals at MCofM
• Invitation to participate in the MCofM Recitals as special guests and the Spring Gala at a concert venue (depending on level)
• Invitation to participate in a Master Class (depending on level)
• FREE Enrollment in the Florida Federation of Music Clubs (FFMC)
• FREE Enrollment in the Miami-Dade County Youth Fair
• FREE tickets (one student + one adult) to several MCofM events throughout the year
• FREE Registration to MCofM after 2 consecutive years as an Honor Roll Student
• Certificate for 4 forty-five minute music lessons after 3 consecutive years as an Honor Roll Student
2016–2017 PIANO HONOR ROLL RECITALS and AWARDS
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE PAST YEARS’ HONOR ROLL STUDENT AWARD RECIPIENTS
2014–2015 | PIANO
from the Studio of Prof. Monica Nordelo (Honor Roll Program Founder)
• Sofia CASTIILO (was age 6)
• Natalie CASTELLANOS (was age 9)
• Ana Isabel CRUZ (was age 9)
• Lucia Rose DAHN (was age 9)
• Rachel WEISSMAN (was age 9)
• Megan MAGUIRE (was age 10)
• Sidny SIGURLIN HALL (was age 10)
2015–2016 | PIANO